blat v : cry plaintively; "The lambs were bleating" [syn: bleat, blate, baa] [also: blatting, blatted]
- To cry, as a calf or sheep; to bleat; to make a senseless noise; to talk inconsiderately.
Old High German
Nounblat (plural bletir)
Blat or BLAT can refer to:
- Blat (Russia) - A form of corruption in Russia and Soviet Union
- Blat (Romania) (plural blaturi) - A term designating a fixed match in Romanian football
- BLAT (bioinformatics) - BLAST-like alignment tool, a bioinformatics software tool for for mRNA/DNA and protein/DNA alignments
- Blat (email) - A free email tool for sending emails via SMTP.
bark, bawl, bay, beep, belch, bell, bellow, blare, blast, blate, bleat, blow, blow the horn, blubber, blurt out, bolt, boom, bray, breathe, bugle, burr, buzz, cackle, call, caterwaul, caw, chant, chirp, chirr, clang, clangor, clank, clarion, clash, coo, craunch, croak, crow, crump, crunch, cry, cry out, drawl, ejaculate, exclaim, fanfare, flourish of trumpets, flute, gasp, give tongue, give voice, grind, groan, growl, grumble, grunt, hiss, honk, howl, jangle, jar, keen, lilt, low, meow, mew, mewl, miaow, moo, mumble, murmur, mutter, neigh, nicker, pant, peal, pipe, pule, rasp, roar, rumble, scranch, scrape, scratch, screak, scream, screech, scrunch, shriek, sibilate, sigh, sing, snap, snarl, snore, snort, sob, sound, sound a tattoo, sound taps, squall, squawk, squeak, squeal, tantara, tantarara, taps, tarantara, tattoo, thunder, toot, tootle, troat, trumpet, trumpet blast, trumpet call, twang, tweedle, ululate, wail, warble, whicker, whine, whinny, whisper, whistle, wind, yap, yawl, yawp, yell, yelp, yip, yowl